World Class Shoulder Replacement Surgeons
You don’t need to live with chronic shoulder pain. Call Austin Shoulder Institute or Schedule a Consultation online today.
Why Would I Need a Shoulder Replacement?
Austin Shoulder Institute perform shoulder replacement surgery to restore a shoulder joint that has become damaged by disease or trauma. The most common reasons for a shoulder replacement include:
- Damage due to osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Trauma from a fall, sports injury or car accident.
- Severe shoulder fractures that cannot be repaired with more conservative approaches.
- Necrosis, a condition that develops when the blood supply to the joint is disrupted, and tissue death occurs.
- Post-surgical scarring or damage
What Are My Shoulder Replacement Options?
Austin Shoulder Institute offers total and reverse shoulder replacement surgeries.
In a reverse shoulder replacement, your surgeon replaces your shoulder and inverts the ball and socket, so your shoulder can have improved pain relief and function in the presence of arthritis and a rotator cuff tear.
During the procedure, your surgeon provides a new surface to the ball and socket parts of your shoulder with a surgical grade metal and polyethylene (plastic) to facilitate painless motion.
Whenever possible, Dr. Graham and Dr. Szerlip use minimally invasive surgical techniques to replace your shoulder.
- To provide expert, patient specific orthopedic treatments and surgeries to improve function and relieve pain.
- To treat every patient with integrity and respect, the way we would want our own families to be treated.
- To offer patient-focused care, taking all factors into account leading to improved patient outcomes.
1. To provide expert, customized orthopedic treatments and surgeries to heal shoulder conditions and relieve pain.
2. To treat every patient with integrity and respect, the way we would want our own families to be treated.
3. To offer patient-focused care, taking all factors into account leading to improved patient outcomes.